Keep Visiting this Page for the Most Recent News about our Celebrity and Topic Chats
- January – Craft and Marketing Month
- February – romance
- March – editing/revision
- April – children’s/young adult
- May – Memoir Month
- June – July – Book Cover Month
- August – Humor
- September – Writing Habits and Hygiene
- October – still and forever horror/dark fiction
- November – NaNoWriMo topics The Muse vs the Shoulder Vulture
- December – Goals/Planning/Dreams are Goals with Deadlines (could be closed 1 or 2 days depending on Christmas and New Year days)
Keep scrolling and you’ll see the Calendar.
What’s Your Book Marketing Plan? 6 Crucial Steps to Include
Traditional publishers are far more likely to take a chance on an author when they know that he comes with an engaged following. If you’re planning to self-publish, a strong online platform is even more critical because you are entirely dependent upon your own ability to promote and distribute your work.
- Start early
- Build your website around yourself
- Focus on growing an email list
- Be generous
- Use social media strategically
- Seed early reviews
I can’t overstate the importance of those first few weeks after release. To improve your book’s discoverability on Amazon, it’s critical to have a handful of solid reviews — aim for 10, at a minimum. It’s ok for some of these to come from family and friends, but it’s even better for those to come from top Amazon reviewers and verified buyers.
Penny C. Sansevieri, Founder and CEO Author Marketing Experts, Inc., is a best-selling author and internationally recognized book marketing and media relations expert. She is an Adjunct Professor teaching Self-Publishing for NYU. She is the author of fourteen books, including How to Sell Your Books by the Truckload on Amazon and Red Hot Internet Publicity, which has been called the “leading guide to everything Internet.”
“I started Author Marketing Experts because I’m an author and want to give authors a book marketing company that truly understands their goals and needs. “
On Sunday, we are going to chat about three kinds of Revision.
- Revising for Story.
- Revising for Craft
- Final Shine
Drop in at 7PM EDT, don’t forget to set your clocks ahead.