Keep Visiting this Page for the Most Recent News about our Celebrity and Topic Chats
- January – Craft and Marketing Month
- February – romance
- March – editing/revision
- April – children’s/young adult
- May – Memoir Month
- June – July – Book Cover Month
- August – Blogging Month
- September – Writerly Research Month
- October – still and forever horror/dark fiction
- November – NaNoWriMo topics The Muse vs the Shoulder Vulture
- December – Goals/Planning/Dreams are Goals with Deadlines (could be closed 1 or 2 days depending on Christmas and New Year days)
Keep scrolling and you’ll see the Calendar.
Prompts and Word Sprints Night
What’s Your Book Marketing Plan? 6 Crucial Steps to Include
Traditional publishers are far more likely to take a chance on an author when they know that he comes with an engaged following. If you’re planning to self-publish, a strong online platform is even more critical because you are entirely dependent upon your own ability to promote and distribute your work.
- Start early
- Build your website around yourself
- Focus on growing an email list
- Be generous
- Use social media strategically
- Seed early reviews
I can’t overstate the importance of those first few weeks after release. To improve your book’s discoverability on Amazon, it’s critical to have a handful of solid reviews — aim for 10, at a minimum. It’s ok for some of these to come from family and friends, but it’s even better for those to come from top Amazon reviewers and verified buyers.
A children’s picture book may seem simple, but creating a brilliant one is no easy task. How do you make yours smart, engaging, and fun — rather than clichéd, saccharine, and didactic?
“A picture book is a marriage of words and pictures,” describes Santopolo. “The most successful illustrations are the ones that take a story to another level. They don’t just illustrate the words. They add something else to them.”
Most of us have been there. Acquiring reviews is the bane of the fledgling indie author’s existence. I struggled with it for years; hell, I only cracked the code in 2016, after heading down the review rabbit hole hard.