Congratulations on Your First Contract. You are probably so excited over the offer you are willing to sign just about anything.
Contracts are as big a mystery as Marketing. So, let’s talk about it.
Some of the things we will touch on are –
- DESCRIPTION OF THE “WORK”
- SUBSIDIARY RIGHTS
Part Two of this Chat will happen on Sunday February 9th and will include –
- Ten Book Contract Traps We Can Help You Avoid
- Trap 1. Giving up total control of your work.
- Trap 2. Putting your book in limbo forever.
- Trap 3. Giving up the benefits of your copyright.
- Trap 4. Restricting your ability to write what you want.
- Trap 5. Letting your publisher change your words without your approval.
- Trap 6. Getting cheated on payments.
- Trap 7. Accepting unlimited liability for libel and other lawsuits.
- Trap 8. Having to pay back your advance if the publisher rejects your manuscript.
- Trap 9. Letting your publisher do important things without even telling you.
- Trap 10. Allowing your publisher to maintain control of your book forever.